To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

12 x 400

I ran 4 miles this morning most of it in the dark. Today was the first day of a new contract job so I woke up early in anticipation. Turned out to be a half day of work because the company wasn't quite ready for me yet. I signed my contract agreement, was brought up to speed by the HR Exec who is leaving and then i decided to go home and veg for most of the afternoon.

Late this afternoon I went to the track and ran 12 x 400 starting every 4 minutes. I pretty much kept to 5K goal pace running most of them in about 97-98 (6:28-6:32 mile pace) but I finished up by taking the last 4 down into the low 90's and high 80's and ran the last one in 85.

My legs responded but I was bit tired. I was still recovering from last Saturday's test interval workout and Monday's long run.

The key is that I could do them consistently as planned. So far I have pretty much stayed to plan. First the 200's for the first 3 weeks and now the 400's. Last Saturday told me I am have the strength to get to my goal of running 3 x 1600 in 6:27-30. If not this cycle, then next.

Next week I plan to run 6 x 800 in about 3:15 if the weather and my new contract job allow me.

No comments: