To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

American Record..But not by me...

I didn't run today. Blah...blah...blah....

I worked from 10 am to about 6 pm with no lunch break. A good day for a consultant.

Finally heard from my friend Dwight. He ran a 30K in Louisiana. He beat the old American record for age 59 (he said it was soft) running a 2:01 and change. He deserves it. He ran 100 miles per week to get ready for this thing.

100 miles per week! I can't (or won't) run half that. Not even 25 years ago when I was in my hey day and running my best times. Maybe 60-70 but not 100. I remember running 75 average for about 16 weeks in the late 1970's and hating running. And of course I loved running so I knew that 75 mpw was too much for me. These days 30-35 mpw feels about the same.

Besides if I can run the tiume trials and speedworkouts, I will run the race times. I believe that my body has had all the mileage memory it needs.

No comments: