To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Down week



I am taking a down week this next coming week. Little or no training Mon-Fri.

I have reached the first step in my program by hitting the 24 x 200's and Saturday I ran the 4.76 easy and felt great. My legs felt strong. The hills didn't even bother me. Same with the 3 mile club warmup ahead of time. I was up running with the faster runners with little effort. So about 8 miles total.

I promised myself I would take a down week every 4th or 5th week as I hit each new level. I am just going tohave to rely on the fact that I have over 80,000 running miles on my legs since 1968 and my base is pretty thick.

Went to Reid Hillview (RHV) and did more takeoffs and landings. Strong afternoon headwind made it challenging. My landings are progressing but I am not getting the final and roundout right. I keep pulling back on the yoke during final when I should be in a landing attitude. Flares and roundouts are not pretty and I came down hard several times.

I told Rob, my instructor, that I feel like I am diving into East Ridge, a big shopping center right on final. Should I worry that folks are running from the stores and screaming? ;-)

Picture of RHV from the air at the top of the page. East Ridge is to the left.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm glad to see you back at it (running) after such a layoff. Becoming a pilot must be a strenuous pursuit as well, though hopefully running will reduce the stress (which it seems you handle well). Best of luck to you, and enjoy your down week.