To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rain and Running Hard

I went to my club wokrout this morning. The scheduled workout was two runner relay team with each runner doing 3 x 1600 meters. So 6 x 1600 altogether. I really didn't want to do this but signed up anyway. I went out an dran the 3 mile warmup and stayed up with the leaders so my legs were very fresh.

It was raining on and off and the track was slick. When the teams were formed for some reason I was left off (I think Walt just plain forgot about me) and so somewhat relieved, I slinked away and decided to run my own workout which was 4 x .66 around the tennis courts starting every 8 minutes.

My goal was to run a 4:20 a loop or roughly a 6:30 mile pace. It is rolling course with down hill at the beginning then flat, then up hill, then flat, then uphill and then flat for a short sprint in to the finish.

I ran 4:19-4:15-4:12-4:08. It was tough doing this alone but the effort of each rep was perceptually equal and I just got faster as I warmed up. The workout told me that I may be closer to running 3 x 1600 on the track in 6:27 than I originally thought. I don't think I am there but I may be close. The 3 x 1600 workout is roughly a 20 minute 5K level workout.

Roughly 8 miles total with a 3 plus mile warmup and 2 mile warmdown.

No comments: