To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Day After


Cessna 152

I woke up today and could walk. I thought I was going to need advil just to get around the house.

Today is a day off anyway. I mostly run every other day, rarley more than 4 days in a training week. It seems to work better for me. I can run a great deal of mileage on the days I run if I take the next day off. Been doing this more or less since late 199o. This and the HRM is the reaosn i believe I am still running. Most of my peers from the running boom days are either constantly dead legged or just slow.

I am not fast but generally I am faster than they are. It's no longer about miles. It was in my 20's and 30's but there is a day when you have run all the miles you will ever need. Then it becomes about something else. What that something else is as I age is the challenge.

Talking about challenges:

I went to Reid-Hillview this afternoon and did pattern work with takeoffs and landings. This is my 3rd consecutive lesson focusing on learning how to land.
It is very intense but for some reason I am not nervous. When I finished and taxi'd back to the hanger I was exhausted. Like a good workout. I drove home and nodded off in front of the computer. The plane I am training in is a Cessna 152 (top of the page).

Tomorrow I run.

No comments: