To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, January 13, 2006

Another (very) Easy Day

4 miles very easy this morning. The sun was out and there was only a slight breeze. I pretty much stayed on soft surfaces the whole way.

After the run and a shower I went to see Brokeback Mountain, with my wife Sue, at about noon. I can do this during the week because right now I am not working. I am a consultant and have settled into the relief pitcher model. The manager has to call me. If no one calls then I sit in the bullpen and chew on sunflower seeds. I spit the shells out onto the grass.

I may work next week. It is up in the air. I met with the CEO of local company last Tuesday. He asked me if I could start next Monday. I said fine. The problem is that the company is closed for MLK day monday. It is now friday. No call yet.
So as I sit here writing this..no work. We run out of money in about twenty years so I am really sweating it out. That doesn't include social security in about 4 years, or my wife's retirement, also due in 4 years, or our lessening expenses when my son graduates from college in about two years from this June.

And of course we never inherit anything from our parents.

I don't have to work.

I work because I enjoy it. I enjoy the fact that I don't have to work and that I can walk away from jobs if I want to. I rarley do but it's a nice thought.

When we came out of the show the wind was picking up. The weather forecast says a fast moving storm will be passing through this evening and Saturday.

My plan was to run hard on Saturday but we'll see how the weather is.

No comments: