To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, January 30, 2006

Flying Again

I hadn't flown in over two weeks but Rob and I finally got out late Sunday afternoon to work on patterns. We had to fly down to South Valley because Reid Hillview was so crowded. South Valley has no tower so I got some experience flying in and out of an unattended strip.

We ended up doing 4 landings two of which were pretty decent. On one though I didn't really round out or flare so we came down flatter than a pancake but luckily didn't bounce.

My takeoffs had deteriorated slightly (rust again) but I still got the plane up OK. Mostly I had problems staying on the line once up and not drifting to the right or left.

The last landing was back at RHV in the twilight. South Valley gave me some confidence and it went off moderately OK but after we taxied in I realized that I forgotten to turn the carb heat on when we slowed to 1500 RPM on final. Sort of like scoring a touchdown but missing the extra point.

No comments: