To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Easy Week Continues

The easy week continues. I ran 4 miles this morning very easily. Usually by now I would be at about 20-21 miles in the two days I run (Monday-Wed) but I am only at 7 so far this week.

I plan to run 3-4 on Friday and on Saturday either run a 3 mile trial effort or do something else hard. Depends on the condition of the track. There is some rain the forecast.

I went to RHV this afternoon and did more pattern work. Came close to nailing a good landing on the last go around but missed the mark because I forgot to cut the engine to idle so we balooned down the field. Finally realizing my mistake I did cut the engine and dropped hard to the runway and bounced.

No damage done. The main wheels struts are made from spring steel. The key is not to come down hard on the front wheel. Come down hard on that and it will collapse.

Rob, my instructor shows a great deal of patience but I seemed to backslide today on other things like takeoffs and keeping a straight line once I lifted off. I could see it was getting to him even though he kept his cool. He wants to be a commercial airline's pilot and I think he'll be a decent candidate. He keeps his calm. After forgetting to cut back the power on landing I asked him "do you think this is an age related problem. My age, not his.

Anyway, the pattern seemed easier today though and I positioned myself well going over EastRidge Shopping Center. It is from there on in that I have the problem.

Oh well, as Churchill once said:

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

No comments: