To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Back to Back

I ran another 8 miles today. 4 in the morning and 4 more in the afternoon with the club. Actually I felt OK even with the 10-8 back to back. The weather is (was) beautiful. Clear sunny conditions. Cool in the AM and warm in the afternoon. I stayed close to Stacy in the afternoon and got in a decent sub-tempo type workout.
3 x 1600 in under 8 minutes with two in the low 7:30's. Maybe this isn't the race workouts I should be doing but right now but I love this type of running. Easy is very easy and hard is not really that hard.

I am out tinning the Tinman. Well, sort of.....

Ray and Dimitri, in the quest for the 5:20 mile ran a 4 minute 1200 meter trial. of course Dimitri ran a hard workout the day before, sure that he would recover. He didn't and he had to push the last lap to hit his time. Ray could have gone on around the bend which is the true nature of this effort. The feeling that you could have gone on a bit. Ray felt it but Dimitri admitted that he was used up.

My right foot is better but still aches now and then. I notice that my almost departed toe problems have caused some residual issues with my right leg but the easy running will bring it back to normal. So right now I am being very careful. No choice. Can't force my way through this. Not at this point.

No comments: