To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, October 30, 2006

Molasses

I ran 75 minutes this morning. It was tough at the beginning. A bit like running in molasses (cool morning) but I warmed up and began to find my stride about half way and then ran fine.

At Jollyman Park some Asian woman was in the middle of some sort of workout experience that caused her to bellow like a wounded animal. It shattered the natural quiet of the place and she kept at it the whole I was there so I scooted down to the college and finished the bulk of my workout there. The track was crowded with walkers spread as usual acorss half the track. I negotiated the minefield and out ran most them. Eventually most of them disappeared and then it was just me and a little stump of a young woman who runs there almost every day. She tends to stick to the outside lanes so I do run into her much (excuse the pun).

The Japanese-hatted runner showed up again and plowed around the track first clockwise and then counter-clockwise. There must be a method to his madness. When the rain comes we'll see how many of the summer "normals" will still be out there.

No comments: