To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 17, 2010

2 x 600

I did a 5 minute shakeout run in the morning before going over to WVC. Hooked up with D and we did around 25 minutes of easy jogging. 30 minutes total for me. I admit that as I did my strides I felt a bit lethargic. I had to ask myself: Did I have too much plumb wine last evening or did I simply run too hard on Thursday? Or was it a combination of both.

Whatever!

My plan was to do 2 times 600 at around 2:15 (6 minute pace) with whatever rest I needed in between.

On the first one I took off and hit the 400 in 89-90 seconds and then picked up the last 200 finishing in 2:13. The effort bent me over gasping for a few seconds. It was tougher than I expected. I then walked back to the my starting point and stood around for about 5 minutes before going again. The 400 was about the same but my last 200 was faster and I crossed in 2:12 and change. D had just completed his 2 mile trial (13:13) so we jogged slowly around the campus in about 17 minutes.

So what does this tell me?

I hit my goal.

I have a long way to go before I am capable of hitting two of these in two minutes flat.

I was probably not effected by the plumb wine as much as I was still recovering from Thursday's 83 minute run. My legs weren't sore as much as I was body tired. I know that if I want to run these unmentionable reps I have to focus on Saturday and keep the other days very easy.



{{{The Track}}}

I started to the left, which is obscured in this photo by trees and after running a complete circuit, I did the last 200 around the curve and down the backside stretch to the right.
http://westvalley.edu/calendar/web_report/slideshow/images/Track.jpg

No comments: