To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back in the USSR

I heard from my old Internet friend and colleague Fred today. He is out running in Guam and Japan and all points East. See comments on yesterday's post. Great to hear from him.

My workout today was extraordinary given the fact that I ran semi-tough on Thursday. I warmed up for 30 minutes and then ran every other 400 with "D" today (he ran 12 x 400). My rest was his next 400 and an interval of 1:15. The first was on 91 and then I went under 90 seconds to stay. There was an 88 in their but the others were all 86. Afterward "D" and I jogged a campus loop in 19 minutes (really, really slow). I think my total running time was around 60 minutes.

I watched Dwight and Kari run in the low 20 minute range for 5K on the track (club workout).

http://kidsblogs.nationalgeographic.com/globalbros/images/running-cheetah-550.jpg

No comments: