To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Drumming Out 75 Minutes

Danny was coming over to pick me up at 9:30 so we could see Big Bad Billy our most excellent chiropractor. That meant I had to get out early if I wanted to chalk up some decent running time. I was out on the roads before 7:30 AM running slowly and easily (they are one in the same) doing variations on my usual boring courses, which by the way, I never really notice. It was overcast and on the cool side for mid summer. I drummed out 75 minutes but it was almost 70. I did a hesitation stop when I arrived home at Seven-O but decided to keep going for 75. That still gave me enough time to cool down, change and have a banana to tie me over until breakfast.

Jack Tatum died. Great (GREAT) football player. One of the best defensive backs ever but tarnished by his very hard but clean hit on Darryl Stingley in 1978.

No comments: