To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Carbs..Carbs..Carbs

I did 70 minutes of very easy running in and around Rainbow Park and literally finished just before Jake's cross country team showed up. I kept my HR low, mostly in the 130-135 range. I was still feeling the effects of the hour and 50 minutes of running on Tuesday but even with all that I didn't feel badly. I am down on carbs and need (once again) to up my intake. We had a guinea hen in the fridge last night and I devoured it. Even with the addition of some peas and two big hunks of bread, it wasn't enough to refuel. A better meal would have been past with peas and some of the guinea hen mixed in.

This morning I acted mindfully and ate a banana before running and a health bar right after. Then Jake and I went out to a local breakfast place and I chowed down on blueberry pancakes.

The key for me is (blah..blah..blah)
  • Every other day running (for the most part)
  • Light on the speed work
  • Carbs for fuel
and now (ta da!)
  • Supplements!
This is someone else's carbs and it looks they snuck in french fries too.
http://www.nycc.org/photos/04_mallorca/carbs.jpg

No comments: