To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, July 15, 2010

83 minutes of strong

Whoa!


Got out early and ran a 15 minute shakedown at the house before heading over to Rainbow and running another 68 minutes. As always, I was a bit sleepy during the first part of the run but after about 10 minutes I began to go on cruise control and feel strong. I was 45 minutes into the run when I ran into Jake who was run-walking and generally beat up from 2 hours of cross training yesterday (which is the reason I don't do it!!!!). We were both thinking the same thing.

YOU DON'T WANT TO RUN WITH ME TODAY! Jake because he was dead tired and me because I felt so good.

My HR was grooving in the 65-70% range and my normal ten minute pace was long gone as I ran some of the interior miles in the 8:30's. Not big when compared to the old days but when age graded they are 6:30 equivalents. Heeding Dwight's words of wisdom which went something like this:

You are going to start to feel good. Hold back!

So I shut down one of my boilers and slowed down. It was getting warm anyway.

I had put some quick energy bars and some cold water aside for after the run but forgot to bring them so I starved (but drank water from another warmer bottle) until after the kids workout. Then Jake and I went to breakfast. Had blueberry pancakes sans butter.

No comments: