To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, July 08, 2010

72 quality minutes

I did a 10 minute shakedown run at home before heading over to Rainbow Park. Jake and I did a 25 minute warm up and then spent the next half hour running around an 8 pace for various distances. Mostly 400-600-800, repeated three times. I then warmed down and ran the .8 with the kids (their warm up). In the end it was close to 72 minutes with a great deal of sub tempo quality running. We'll have to see how I do Saturday.

I feel better these days but I also need to be careful. There is always that "cliff" out there and I could run right off of it. Decided to stay with my 4 days a week for now. I want to see those 4 day improve before I go off and add in another workout.

Warming up with the kids was deceptive. It looks like they are running slow but they get off fast and pull away. I was able to get it back and finish mid pack ahead of the girls and the middle school runners but I am not near the faster guys (Hey, I knew that!). Let's see. There's 50 years difference in age on average. 25-30 years ago I would have been the leader of the pack.


Dark Runner
http://www.doctorhugo.org/e-poetry/runningpoem.gif

1 comment:

Fred R. Schumann said...

It's good to hear you are feeling better, Rich. Thank you for sharing your training with us.