To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

80 minutes and could have gone more

I ran 80 minutes this morning and could easily have gone on. I did a shake down run of 8 minutes from my house which was slow and sluggish but then I drove over to Rainbow Park (where we coach) and I ran another 72 minutes around the park and the Miller School field and my legs felt great! I picked up Jake for about 40 minutes and he was humming along too. He had already run 40 minutes at home.

Interesting side light. As I ran along today my HR was about 8-10 beats lower than usual but my pace was faster.

So is Dwight's potion of supplements working? Or is it all in my mind? (see below)

The coaching is a love-hate thing. The kids are nice enough. I wasn't that driven when I was in high school. Had I been I would have been running 6-8 miles a day every day and maybe more. I might have been a fair country cross country runner and a better than middling 400-800 meter guy. Of course back then no one focused on miles. It was intervals, intervals, intervals.

So when they are out there for whatever reason, I respect their dedication. But the hate part is my having to be anywhere when I don't want to. So let me make this plain. Some days I want to be there and some days I don't. It has nothing to do with the kids. It's my inward rebellion against years of having to be places that I didn't want to be at.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/SpongebobInsane.gif

No comments: