To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A smarter 75 minutes

I ran an easy 75 minutes this morning. I made sure that I took it slow by running at about 10-15 beats (on the HRM) below what I have been doing recently. Yesterday was a wake up call. Just because I am recovering more effectively doesn't mean that I have license to push the pace. It's always the same old battle all the way back to my so called salad days when I was a San Mateo Class runner. I am getting in my own way again.

So all in all a lovely little run. I ran over the college but had to veer off because some sort of event was taking place on the track. Not a running event but there were tents and chairs and a loud speaker set up. Some woman was calling off raffle numbers. Because I seek quiet when I run, I knew this wasn't going to work even if the adjacent soccer field was not being used. I ran over to Jollyman Park, did the neighborhoods and came back on the trail next to the RR Tracks. Good cement workout with some trail sprinkled in for good measure.


http://lh5.ggpht.com/_mGoj-h7gROc/SgS-KDv8zDI/AAAAAAAAAEY/VNE-ad1nzn8/Jollyman+Park.jpg

No comments: