To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 31, 2010

No intervals...70 minutes instead

I decided NOT to run any speed work today. The hammie felt better but I thought to myself, who am I kidding, play it safe. Safe was 70 minutes of running around the WVC campus. The club had scheduled a mile race but the track was closed so most of them hightailed it over to Saratoga High where track awareness is at an all time low. Dimitri decided to do his two mile trial over there despite the warning of the oracle (me). He ended up deep-sixing it at a mile because of the cross traffic (like folks walking in the fast lane listening to their iPods).

I really hate the ambiance of that track. Not the layout, location or the surface. That's more than fine. It's just so happens to be a socializing place and has a greater than average share of local people who treat it like walking down the sidewalk.

Whatever!

My HR basically grooved in at 130-135 but I was able to push it up around 145-148 on several occasions (going uphill) . Nothing anaerobic. I felt strong.

No comments: