To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, July 25, 2010

80 minutes of shaking it out

I staggered out of bed this morning and lay on the couch for almost an hour checking my email (of which there was very little) and sipping coffee. After a time I finally rolled onto the floor to wake up.

Thud!

Works every time. I was finally awake.

I did nine minutes of {{{shaking}}} down circling back to hit the can one last time and then I wheezed out towards the college for variations of big loops. Actually, I didn't feel too badly. I ran slowly so that even the plump Hispanic gal blew by me on the track several times. But I was in it for the long haul running 80 minutes total. I did feel some of the effects of yesterday's rep but really in the end I just ran more this week than I had in a year or two.

Duration = tiredness

Recovery from tiredness = strength

Key learning point:

Even at my best strength at age 65, I am not as strong as a very tired 30 year old. :-(

No comments: