To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

60 conservative minutes

I ran over to the college this morning, did big loops and ended it at 60 minutes. I kept my HR in the low 130's running easy. I am going to be careful until I get this hamstring/right leg thing sorted out. I am going to see Big Bad Billy on Thursday in the morning. No problems today for the first time in a week but as I said, I was very conservative. The weather helped make things pleasant. Overcast and cool. Feels more like early fall than mid summer.

Saw fast China Girl on the track doing laps. She is sort of compact in a shapely manner. She blew by me several times going strong.

Dwight (he of the 100 mile weeks) has stopped returning my emails. I challenged his training. He seems to be going too fast on his daily runs. When he races with the club his pace is slower than some of the training paces he shares with me.

So...

1. His course are mismeasured
2. He is deluding himself
3. He is workout winner but can't translate that to races

I think it's a combo of all three.

In any case it doesn't make sense. Frankly he has a reputation for doing this. Not a bad guy but obsessive to a sharp point. Anyway, I guess he didn't want to hear it so he shut me down. Like I did with Fat Dave the right wing conservative. Got tired of his Rush Limbaugh-Michael Savage garbage. So if you dish it out, then you had better be able to take it when it is done to you.

In fact later in the day he sent me a pussy email saying that I didn't respect him. It was all I could do not to get sick. God. Man-up. I am beginning to understand what a beta male is like.

I realize that inadvertently I let these people in my life and they want me to buy into their madness.

This isn't high school. Well at least not until 3:15 and then....

Yesterday was my first official day as assistant coach for Lynbrook Cross Country. So far I just sit back and let Jake run things. After we get organized I am going to ask to run a group (he knows this) because right now I am redundant. I follow Jake around and he does the talking. Later on we'll trade groups day to day or week to week so I can have some independence.

This is last years team. Jake's on the left. Hank Lawson, now the former coach, on the right.
http://www.dyestat.com/ATHLETICS/XC/2009/PICS/teamfoto.jpg

No comments: