To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, August 02, 2010

70 minutes of home course running

I ran one on my home course. I was getting tired of Rainbow and Miller. I ran a steady 70 minutes at a 135-140 HR. It took my HR about half the run to get up and stay in that range. Good sign or bad sign? Don't know. I was never uncomfortable.

I am beginning to suspect that my max is no longer 195 or perhaps even 190. Somewhere along the way, I am going to have to do a max test run. {{{The truth is out there}}}. As it is I have adjusted my working ranges down for the duration. If I get faster at those rates, then that is just fine.

My run was the usual RR tracks, McClellan and Big Loops around the soccer field and track at De Anza. There was a fitness class hogging all the lanes on the backstretch but it didn't bother me. I just ran wide and got through okay.

I then quickly changed into some dry stuff and drove over the Rainbow Park to help Jake. Good turnout today. Several of the faster runners were not there but they had run long on the weekend and probably were tired.

No comments: