To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, August 28, 2010

My running SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up early this morning and jogged around to loosen things up. Then I drove up to Saratoga High for the Marshal Clark 4 miler which benefits both the Lynbrook and Saratoga XC programs.

Once we got going I settled in towards the back of the pack and drifted down along South DeAnza Blvd. I caught up to another oldster (Bob..works at Apple) and we began chatting and running together. I had to haul to several times because my hip and hamstring started to tighten up. My right legs felt weak and stiff which is reminiscent of early stage sciatica. Whatever is wrong I really had to slow up just to complete the race. Just under 36 minutes total time. Woe have the mighty fallen.

So I am officially on Injured Reserve. Benched. Out of the game.

I go see Bill Tarr on Tuesday and he'll put me right but I am convinced that I can't force my way through this. I will more than likely take some quality time off. In the meantime I'll walk to burn some calories and then rebuild by adding in short periods of running. But first rest, rest and more rest.

I wish it all bothered me more but frankly my running has sucked big time ever since I tried to add fast reps back into my regime. No more of that.

http://www.bigshirts.co.uk/ekmps/shops/elaine/images/brooklyn-grey-running-sucks-t-shirt-5xl-br0083-8192-p.jpg



Here I am yelling "My running SUCKS!"
http://www.dyestatcal.com/ATHLETICS/XC/2010/PICS/mc4_5.jpg

No comments: