To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, August 26, 2010

60 minute saunter

I went drove up to Forbes Mill and ran a very easy 55 minutes with Jake. When I threw in the 5 minute shake down run I did at home it was a total of 60 minutes. The weather had cooled down considerably and hovered in the 60's.

Jake and I talked out my coaching issue and resolved it. He agreed that when he gives me a group to coach, that I be allowed to run their practice versus my just standing around while he runs the whole practice. He sets the vision and even the general workout content and I execute. I believe he thought I needed more up front time to get to know the runners and their abilities. I told him that I am pretty much up to speed and could do the rest on the fly.

He took half the team to Rancho this afternoon and I ran the others from the park. It seemed to work out fine. I had them do a warm up, drills on the grass with strides coming back and then I sent them out on the roads for various distances. So everyone ran somewhere between 3 and 6 miles.

Some more injuries today. Many of the kids just not in shape. Painful to watch them lurch along trying to get in condition. The rest of the team did the workout with no problems.

No comments: