To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, August 20, 2010

Another 60

Another 60 minutes this morning. No hamstring problems but I kept things easy running my usual route over the college and doing loops before coming back. The school was basically empty of people so I had the run of the place. No pun intended. I shared the track and the par curse with plump hispanic girl (or maybe she is Indian). No eye contact so I can't be sure.

Very different situation this afternoon when I headed over to Lynbrook to coach. I cut down Miller and made a right on Rainbow and found myself buried in "getting out of school" traffic. There were parents and kids all over the place. Doesn't anyone just walk to and from school anymore? Finally I had to turn around and just go another way. It was that bad. I am going to have to get creative on Monday and come down Bollinger and up Johnson or down Prospect and turn left on Johnson. Either way, it could get crowded. Probably better to come early and avoid the rush.

I can always laze around the park and sip a frappucino.

This has the overtones of a commute and I hates that.

No comments: