To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I go to big bad Bill's

Thursday was an "off" day. I got to sit around and swill coffee until around 9:30 AM before driving up to see Big Bad Bill. I told him about my hammie problem and he just laughed and said, "What is it about you guys where you just keep running?" He was referring to the possibility of me ripping a muscle by continuing to run.

Point well made. You see, I am still obsessive. Just every other day.

He said my hip was out and he did his magic. We'll see how I feel when I obsessively run on Friday.

I have am going run a 4 mile race on the 28th. It is a fund raiser for the cross country program. I was faced with either getting up really early and showing up to help or to run the race and be helped.

The 60 plus record is a daunting 31:00:05 by my friend Tim Rostege. Last March or April I think I could have aced it but now I am not so sure. Plus Tim is known for racing hard where I am known for running tempo. As long as my hamstring is good to go, I will run the course with my HRM on and stay in the 85-90% of max range. If Tim's record holds up to my onslaught at that heart rate, then so be it. Any decent 60 plus runner could tank guys like me and Tim anyway. We may still show up but our best days are behind us. 25-30 years ago we would be with the front runners. Now we'll be engulfed by quick starting high school kids.

Plan B: If I am not 100% then I will just jog the darn thing.

No comments: