To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 07, 2007

4:43

Saturday club workout again. "Ta dah". No Glucosamine for the last two days. I think this may be contributing to my heartburn. I warmed up slowly for close to 3 miles with no problems. I did some striders with Dimitri before launching into a 1200 meters "redemption" time trial. "What do you want," he asked. "4:45 give or take," I responded. I was still wary after Wednesday's 3:50 "and my legs were tired" effort. But today went ok. We went out a bit slow coming through the 400 in 1:39 but then we picked it up to a 97 and did the last lap in 87. That gave me a 4:43. The key was that I was able to accelerate on the last two laps.

We did another 4 laps with 4 x 100 meter strides and then went around campus for a warm down.

Walt was out timing and then later joined us for breakfast. He had bacon, eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast. He can't run for a month (doctor's orders). So he had a heart attack on Wednesday, a stent put in on Thursday and Saturday he is out joking with us at breakfast.

Whoa!

No comments: