To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Perspective

13:13 for 3200 meters is a perspective thing. If I age grade it, it is the same as running 10:26 when I was 30. If I age grade it versus what I was doing at age 54 it is equivalent to a 12:13. Back then I was running time trials in around 12:22 so I am probably ahead of myself (If one counts age grading). I was around 19 minute 5K shape in my mid 50's. That would translate to the 20:30's now.

Could I run 20:30? For some reason I doubt it but perhaps over the next few months those doubts will go away. My plan is to work that 3200 meter down to 13:00 flat and under and to get used to running hard. I am not very good at running hard in case you haven't picked up that little bit of information. I don't mind tempo but race-like efforts are no longer familiar even though I felt a bit of it yesterday during the trial effort I ran. My plan is to become more familiar with that sort of effort. Race-like.

I won't do mileage though. That is not the path. The path, or so I believe, is by doing 2-3 big days a week and perhaps one other shorter day even though that 4th day is up for grabs.

The question is, how far can I go?

I will continue to work on 1600 and 3200 meters and everything else in between.

I will go as far as I can go.

No comments: