To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, July 16, 2007

Cricket's Run

Beautiful morning. I lazed around the house but finally got out around 8:40. I started very slow with my HR in the 115-125 range. After about 40 minutes I kicked it up around 130-135. I was running a variation of my railroad track route and ended up taking a right on Sunnyvale Saratoga Avenue. I was about half way up to the side street where I planned to circl back when I saw cars swerving to avoid something. The something turned out to be small white and tan terrier of some sorts. I called the dog over to the side of the road and bent down to pet him. He had a collar on him with a name (Cricket) and a phone number. I grabbed him up (he seemed quite content just to hang with me) and I walked to a nearby house, borrowed a cell phone and called the number. No one was home so I left a message. There was a small shopping center nearby with a cat hospital so I dropped Cricket off there and asked the attendant to call the number on the tag again. I took their business card and decided that if no one had called by the time I ran home, that I would come and get the dog and let him stay with us until the owner contacted me.

I headed back home taking my HR up into the 140's. Actually my legs felt great. By the time I arrived at the house I had been running for around 80 minutes not including the time it had taken me to deal with Cricket. I called the cat place and the lady on the other end told me that the owners of the dog had come by and picked Cricket up.

So as Shakespeare once wrote:

"All well that ends well."

No comments: