To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, July 27, 2007

Two Trails & The Tracks

I ran the railroad tracks this morning. I did cut away and ran the "two trails" between Prospect and Parker Ranch but then went back on the tracks. I kept the pace as slow as I could stand it for the first 4 miles and then picked it up over the last 3 miles coming home. I was chasing some gal in orange shorts who I had seen at the turn around down at Sunnyvale-Saratoga Avenue. She just kept pulling away and I realized that even if I went hard, I wasn't going to catch her. The strange thing was that at McClellan she disappeared off to the right or left. She was too far ahead and I figured she had made a turn on "her" course. As I was coming down the last section of the trail I could hear feet pawing dirt in back of me. It was the same girl. I was veering off the trail and heading home and as I did she rambled past me at flank speed. Whatever effort she was running, it wasn't easy. I could hear her breathing. She was working.

My HR during the early part of the run was rarely over 120 but during the last part it was rarely under 150.

No comments: