To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Never Say Never

This morning at the club workout, I warmed up for 2 miles with the slow, slow dog-meat group. Wally couldn't hang on when we threw in a couple of 11:30 pace mile surges as we straggled by the bathrooms. "We" being Jim Myers and John Petersen and Ken Noel.

I then went down to the track and did a never say never workout with Dimitri consisting of 4 x 1200 meters at 6:40 mile pace starting every 8 minutes. Afterwards we slow-jogged around campus for a warm down. I caught up with Dennis who had won the club race running in the mid 26's for Farwell-Horseshoe which is 4.68 miles. I once ran the old version of this race just under 25 minutes in a solo run for the then club record. No one had been under 25 minutes much less 26 minutes so I decided to be the first. It didn't last long. Jake saw what I had done and wiped my record from the books the next time the club ran that event.

Anyway, back to our workout: The pace of the reps didn't bother my breathing much but my legs were tired from Wednesday's Jake workout and Friday's chase the girl seven miler. I think I still tend to forget about what I am trying to do which is to simply break 13 minutes for 3200 meters on the track in a time trial.

I just did too much semi-hard stuff this week. It's funny. If I just bring down the time trial everything will probably get faster. It's all so simple.

{{{{Focus}}}}

No comments: