To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another Glacial Run..But......

Another cool morning. 38 degrees. Not Green Bay cool. Not even Maine cool. Just Bay Area cool. I drove over to the club workout after downing a tankard of coffee. Warmed up 3.25 miles, ran Farwell with Tom which was another 3.5 miles and then warmed down a mile. 7.75 miles in all.

The pace of Farwell was not very fast. My glide along "I don't want to hurt" pace is glacial these days. But (and this is the big B-U-T) if I age grade the run it is like running a 6:48 pace in the old days. The run today felt very much like that sort of run. 6:48 was my old gliding along pace (actually 6:45-7:00 was the range of that sort of run).

I don't mean to beat the age grading thing to death. It's just what it is.

No comments: