To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tennis Court Loops

I drove over the club workout this morning. It was cold again (at least for the Bay Area). Mid to high 30's. Double gloves, wool cap and tights. I warmed up slowly with the club for 3 miles and then struck out on my own for another 3. The club was doing the tennis court relays which is two man teams with each runner doing 4 x .66 each. I joined Tom W. for his last 3 and paced him through averaging 4:24 or thereabouts.
It was rough for Tom but easy for me. I stayed on the aerobic side of lactic acid at a 6:40 pace which if I age-graded it was like doing a 5:16 pace in my prime.

The reason I was able to do this was because I ran really easy all week with Wednesday being particularly slow and dismal. So like it or not, there is no pace so slow that it does not help to make my legs feel decent.

If I go up to the DSE run next Sunday and run a 5K AT run my plan is to make this a down week and go in very rested.

No comments: