To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Time Trial

I met Jake over at WVC and we ran a 3 mile warmup. My goal (like last week) was to pace him through a 3 mile time trial. It was on the cold side but no rain or wind. Jake led the first two laps and just took himself out too fast. I just loped along off his shoulder. By mile one (7:40)I could see he was struggling and I stepped up next to him. My HR was in that same 75-77% of max that it was last week.
By the middle of lap number 8 Jake told me that he was tired and that he would drop out for lap and then step back in. I just kept going basically staying in the same heart rate range.

Jake came right back in after I had run another lap and he was obviously feeling very recovered. AT lap 12 I was 23:34 which was 22 seconds faster than last week with an overall similar HR. Jake wanted to go on a lap to get in his 12 so I turned off my HRM and ran another lap at his pace which was basically faster than what either of had been running.

Afterwards we warmed down about 1.5 miles around campus. I felt stong and Jake didn't tie up so we were both happy.

My total mileage was around 7.5-8 (not sure). My HR during the trial was in the 158-162 range with a few spikes up around 164-166 but it didn't stay there long and always dropped back in that 75-77% range even though my pace did't vary much.

No comments: