To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pacing Chores

I got up early and drove over to Los Gatos High School to meet Jake. We warmed up 3 plus miles on the old dam run course and then went to the track and ran 3 miles. Jake wanted me to pace him to an 8 pace (Whoa, how the mighty have fallen). We pretty ran right on pace the whole way but picked up the last mile a bit to get in under 24:00 flat. My watch showed 23:55 and Jake was a second behind. The good news was until the last lap my HRM hovered in the 75-77% of max range so I was while the run could not be classified as easy or true recovery, it never approached hard. I never heard audible breathing except for Jake's.

I may go to the track again tonight and do some strides but that will depend on the weather.

No comments: