To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, February 19, 2007

Feeling better but not there yet....

Today was close to incredible. Bright sun and slight wind. Temperatures hovered in the low 60's.

I ran once in the morning and again in the mid afternoon while covering 45 minutes each time. Another day of Metabol. My legs feel good. Must be what Dimtiri calls the placebo effect. When I compare these runs versus a week or two ago, I would have to say that I feel stronger but I am not there yet. I am not tracking my per mile pace today but focusing on heart rate. Both runs were in the 140's so I was pushing a bit harder but not feeling exhausted like before. Anyway, 90 minutes broken up into two runs. Very digestable workout.

On Wednesday Jake and I are supposed to meet in Los Gatos and do a time trial 3 miler on the track. I hope we'll take a Bowerman approach and do the first one at a pace we can easily handle and then over time we can bring the pace down closer to 10K pace (whatever that is these days). It should be a great deal slower than our sub 16 minute 3 miulers we did back in the 1970's and 80's.

No comments: