To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Getting out ahead of the rain

It was supposed to rain today. It may have rained someplace but around here it drizzled but never really got going. I was sipping my coffee this morning thinking about how it was going to rain and how quiet the sky was at that moment and I realized that I should just get out the door and run right then.

So I did.

90 minutes of easy running later I was back at the house and the only real change was that the wind had picked up slightly and some dark clouds were gathering thickly over the coast hills. The run went well enough but once again I felt a bit beat up the rest of the day.

My body doesn't really want to do this right now and I am sort of forcing it to go out every other day and run anyway. But what it feels like is that it wants is a big break.

Still, I burned off 800-900 calories and that may be the last reason I still run.

I have renewed my email dialogue with BIG D in Colorado. He of the 100 mile weeks at age 60. He is still on the quest for the holy grail. I told him that when Galahad found the Grail, he and it disappeared.

No comments: