To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Captain of Recovery

After another two days off I went out and ran around 9.5 miles with the club including the 4 mile plus warmup and the 5.4 mile Valentine's Relay. I stayed in the back and ran my Big Jim Myers really stayed slow until the last 1.5 when Jim began to pick it up. The run was mostly 70-75% of max but it moved up to AT after that.

I took Metabol before and after to see if it would help my recovery. My legs felt Ok throughout and they felt really decent after sitting at breakfast for 90 minutes. Probably a placebo effect. I have consulted with the "Captain of Recovery" (Dwight) about what he uses and ordered some "secret" stuff on-line. A 60 year old guy who can run 80-100 mpw for years on end without breaking down must know something so I will try it out and see what comes of it.

No comments: