To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Political Idiot-Savant




A good kingdom for Her Majesty, Palin

Gov. Sarah Palin cites vigilance against Russian warplanes coming into U.S. airspace over Alaska as one of her foreign policy credentials. But the U.S. military command in charge says that hasn't happened in her 21 months in office.


"When you consider even national security issues with Russia, as (Prime Minister Vladimir) Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where — where do they go? It's Alaska," the Republican vice presidential nominee said in an interview last week with CBS News' Katie Couric.






Another friendship officially ending today.

Dave.

He got way too wound up about Palin. I think she is way over her head politically and he didn't feel that way at all. Kept wanting proof. Well Dave, just watch her on TV. Out of her own mouth.

Anyway, we had what I considered to be a spirited political debate some time back. I stood my ground. He didn't like it (strangely since he exhibits over slobbery, solicitous behavior to his girlfriend) and after trading many emails (Yes, an email war) I finally let him take the last point and will now depart.

I just didn't take it all that personally but he did. Way too seriously.

Of course losing a friend is a unfortunate but he crossed MY line. Not THE line. Just mine. To me a friendship lost because of a political debate is not a friendship at all. I think it will be a relief to both of us.

The tumult and the shouting dies;
The captains and the kings depart:


I am not a seer but I believe that Palin and the economy will pull McCain and Palin (a pale shadow of a Vice Presidential candidate and not the first of that ilk) down to defeat in November. She will go back to Alaska and the obscurity of being governor, a member of the christian right and a housewife.

There were better women for McCain to chose amongst and yet he picked an political idiot. So what does that say of him? This from a man who doubts Obama so don't pin me as a Democrat.

In any case, I would banish her to those rocky, storm swept islands of the Bering straight and let her keep a long and silent watch on her Russian enemies.

No comments: