To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 17, 2008



Shane: Joey, there's no living with, with a killing. There's no going back from it. Right or wrong, it's a brand, a brand that sticks. (Shane shows sad affection in his eyes for the boy.) There's no going back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her, tell her everything's alright, and there aren't any more guns in the valley.


Yesterday I went Wyatt Earp and Shane on my client. N did the cold shoulder thingy to my coordinator who just lost it and quit outright. 10 days of abuse was too much. I came out with both barrels blazing which is very unlike me. I basically told my client that I was one hand movement away from slamming my badge down on his desk and walking out. So after a long lunch I got back to find out that they had given me an excellent person from finance to replace my lost person. Actually if I could have chosen a person, she would have been it.

It will get me through the next little while. N is on warning from her management not to screw up again and I gave it to her with both barrels (again) last night telling her that her little tirade had created a great deal of needless chaos and had hurt HR, finance and the company. She ended up in tears and I told her that we both just needed to move on. But one more screw up.......

I am on borrowed time anyway. Like the proverbial gunman that cleaned up the town and slayed the bad guy, the townsfolk will eventually want the gunman to leave.

As Shane said, there is no going back from a killing.

I killed yesterday. Not literally but virtually.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I went to Forbes Mill this morning and ran 50 minutes. Jake and I did an up and back in 25 minutes and then I ran another 25 minutes by myself.

No comments: