To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Always be sure you are right and then go ahead












I realize that the only way I am going to feel good about this job is to effect the change I would be implementing if I were staying long term. After next week I am going to go that path, the shining path, to modernizing this one man (or woman) HR function. They hired me, The Silicon Valley Warrior, and I have put them on notice so from now I am going to follow David Crockett's old motto.

Always be sure you are right and then go ahead.

I may not be the world's best Super Clerk but I am one of the best at empowering the managers and getting as much of the HR admin stuff pushed where it belongs. Either back at the manager or to the outside providers. I am sure it is going to be a struggle but it's the way an HR Howard Roark would do it. Learn, understand, decide what changes need to be made and then implement. Of course I am going to have to sell it (to an extent) and drag the CFO along. I'll need his support (to an extent). It will be my gift to him whether they understand it or not.

So now, I have a strategy.

Here goes.

No comments: