To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Coming and Going




Two days into my new strategy. Still not up to speed on the admin part of the job but have decided just not to worry too much about it. I will figure it out OR NOT. I have already begun the back filling of the job. Will also try to get in a an admin part time without increasing cost. The key is to keep up the basic services and back fill the job. Not be a hero. I will come and go and be forgotten.

The illustration above reminds me of the place I am consulting at. Top heavy with paper and infrastructure but not with the best design for waging battle.

Called Tami and left her a voice mail (jokingly) to be my admin. She called me back asking me if I wanted her to be my bitch. She knows the score.

"How did you get stuck with this job," she asked.

I could feel her smirk.

Meanwhile back on the ranch, I was having a conversation with one of the IT guys and both us were chatting on about on-line tools where an employee or manager could go in and make their own changes. The departing HR manager looked at me and said very earnestly,

Then what would HR do?

I am not in Kansas anymore, Toto. I am not in the 21st century anymore. I am in some sort of HR time machine, thrown back to the 1960's and 70's in the days well before the concept of on-line tools was more than a flicker in someone's imagination.

No comments: